Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wednesday update

There is not much to report other than Mom unfortunately did not pass her swallowing test today, so the feeding tube will stay in for now. They are going to allow her to start on some thick liquids. We've also asked for the orthopedic surgeon to consider fixing her clavicle at the same time as her wrist. It doesn't appear to have set well and it is causing her significant pain. We've not heard back, but the surgery is this Friday.

I wish I had better news to report!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Kelly, I know she's disappointed. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Kelly -- Please give your mom my love -- I think of her and she and Bill are consistently in our prayers. I've not been checking the blog as regularly lately, but will try to get back in that dailyl habit.

Hope the surgery goes well tomorrow. I hope to be able to come to Richmond soon to see her.

Hope you are taking care of yourself -- I'm praying for you and Karen -- know that you need it too. Both of your parents are fortuante to have such attentive, loving children.

Betty Mitchell

Anonymous said...

Dear Ann,

We are so very sorry about the swallowing test. Please stay positive and hang in there! We think about you and Bill constantly. We hope the surgeon will also consider fixing your clavicle. We will be checking the blog tomorrow night.

I tried to call Kelly last night. She has been wonderful throughout this ordeal.

We love you all,

Jinx and Gordhan